A/C Control Inc is the best in the business when it comes to getting air conditioning systems back to proper working order. Since 2005, our highly trained technicians have been providing accurate diagnosis and effective repairs for all types of AC problems. Whatever problem you are facing with your cooling system, know that we have encountered it countless times before, and we know just what to do to fix it.
Common AC Problems We Resolve
The air conditioning system that cools your home is made up of a myriad of tiny and complex parts. At any moment, any one of these components can malfunction and cause your AC to stop performing as efficiently as it should or, worse, breakdown completely. Whether your AC won't turn on, or your system is blowing warm air instead of cool, it's time to call in your local HVAC professionals.
Our HVAC technicians have extensive experience fixing all kinds of AC issues, including:
- Warm air – Often this issue is caused by your system having a low amount of refrigerant.
- Leaking water – Although AC units naturally generate moisture, puddles of water around your unit likely indicate that you have a blocked or disconnected tube.
- Short cycling – When air conditioners constantly cycle on and off, it could be the result of a faulty thermostat, bad air filter, or refrigerant leak.
- Unusual odors – Odd smells typically result from mold buildup or some type of electrical failure.
- Loud buzzing, ticking, and rattling – This can result from many different component failures, ranging from a refrigerant leak to a compressor malfunction.
- High operating costs – Some AC problems, such as capacitor failure, can cause the system to work harder than usual, which can result in a spike in your energy bills.
If you are experiencing any of these problems, or even an issue not listed, be sure to reach out to our qualified team as soon as possible. Making repairs sooner is better because it can help you avoid even more damage and higher repair costs down the line.
What to Check Before Calling for AC Repair
At A/C Control Inc, we strive to help our customers save time, money, and the hassle of being without air conditioning. Sometimes the AC issue you are facing may be able to be resolved simply and quickly, with no need to call for help.
When your AC is not working, perform these simple checks:
- Ensure there is electrical power coming into your house
- Check the circuit breaker to see if it has been tripped
- Make sure the air filter has been cleaned or changed recently
- Check to see if the thermostat is on and switched to cool
- If the thermostat doesn't turn on, make sure it has good batteries
If the problem is still unresolved, it means you have an issue that will require the help of one of our Los Angeles AC repair technicians. Simply give us a call, and we will be on our way to speedily diagnose and repair your air conditioning system.
AC Repair Vs. AC Replacement
When something is wrong with your air conditioner, there are two main options for addressing the issue: AC repair or AC replacement. You will need to decide which course of action is right for your particular situation, and our team will offer honest advice on which choice is right for you and your system.
There are several factors to consider when choosing whether to repair or replace your air conditioning unit, including:
- Age of the system – Quality air conditioning systems are built to last anywhere from 12 to 15 years. Once your unit reaches this age, you will likely need to replace it with a newer, more efficient model.
- Cost and frequency of repairs – An AC system that requires frequent repairs could be a signal that it is time for replacement. Air conditioners that constantly breakdown, fail to cool the home adequately, operate loudly, and cycle on and off frequently are additional signs that it's time for a new system. Also, it is often a smart decision to replace an AC that requires repairs that will amount to more than 50% of the cost of a new unit.
- The efficiency of operation – As your AC unit ages and develops more problems, it will begin to perform less efficiently and cause your energy bills to be higher than they should be. Although replacing your unit is a significant investment, you can make a large portion of that back by saving upwards of $200 per year on energy costs.
To ensure you make the right decision, consult with our highly experienced Los Angeles air conditioning repair technicians. Following a thorough evaluation of your system, we can provide reliable advice about how you should proceed. If the problem can be best resolved by repairing it, we can get the job done quickly and effectively. On the other hand, if a replacement is what makes the most sense, we can help you choose the perfect unit for your needs and make sure it gets installed correctly. Either way, we'll have you back to enjoying the comfort of a cool home in no time.